How hot water extraction works:
- The technician parks within walking distance of the property and brings equipment and detergents on site.
- He takes care of some preparation for the service and places a pad under the cleaning machine to ensure it won't make a mess. Also, he will carefully inspect the upholstery to determine the type of fabric.
- He hovers the piece to remove accumulated dust and other loose particles. Then he pre-treats any visible stains with professional detergents.
- In case the upholstery is synthetic or wool, he will commence with hot water extraction cleaning.
- When the cleaning is done, furnishing will be left almost dry. It will need between 3 and 7 hours to air-dry completely.
As part of the service, the upholstery technician will leave an air-mover in the room, for the duration of the service, to speed up the drying process.
What dry cleaning methods are used:
Dry Upholstery Cleaning
- The technician will examine the item to determine the type of upholstery you have.
- He will pre-treat any existing stains to prepare the item for the actual dry cleaning.
- After the pretreatment, the upholstery technician will apply a dry solvent all over your furnishing and rub it in via a machine with rotating brushes.
Dry Foam Upholstery Cleaning
- The upholstery is carefully brushed and vacuum-cleaned. A pre-conditioning spray is applied to loosen the accumulated dirt.
- The item is coated with a special cleaning foam and it is left to settle.
- The foam coating hardens in about ten minutes. The crystallised substance is then removed with a powerful vacuum cleaner.
- Once the dried foam is removed, you will be able to use the item after about an hour.
Leather Upholstery Cleaning
- Once again, the service starts with a thorough inspection of the item in order to determine its condition and to what extent the upholstery technician will be able to clean it.
- Then he will test a little non-visible patch of the leather (for example under the sitting cushion) to see exactly how well the dirt is coming off.
- After the test, the technician will apply a foam leather cleaner all over the fabric. It will effectively absorb all the dirt in a few minutes.
- Then he will use a soft brush to work the cleaning solution. Finally, he will wipe the piece with a cotton cloth.
- When the upholstery is perfectly clean, the technician will apply a leather rejuvenator. It takes between 1 and 2 hours until the rejuvenating solution dries out.
In addition, we can somewhat "repair" leather upholstery with special stain removers and crack fillers. However, you have to first send us pictures of your upholstery so we can determine what kind of solutions will work the best.
* NOTE: We do not clean mat leather as it is usually not protected with a rejuvenating solution, thus it wears down pretty quickly. If we clean mat leather, its colour will mist likely change.
For suede sofa cleaning, we recommend the dry cleaning method mentioned above.